So why is everyone walking right past your booth?
* Stand in front of the table, engage people – smile, exude lots of energy
* Give something away – eg a pen with your company’s name & website
* People love videos – great when you are away from your booth
* Create a game or a demonstration about something even if it has nothing to do with your company – eg a ball maze – people love to watch the balls go through the maze. It creates “buzz”.
* Create fun and energy around your booth – a mascot, a clown, give away great fake tattoos,etc
Social Media and brand marketing guru, Shane Shirley told The Trade Show News Network, “Integrating technology into your tradeshow experience will get people engaged and excited about what you’re offering and when you can introduce technology while also going green you can help the planet and stay true to your environmental initiatives.”
Shirley elaborated on that subject and later suggested polling, go green apps and digital press kits as a way of getting people more engaged.
Look for my interview with Shane later this week on our iTunes podcast, Trade Show On-Air.